Confluence has sponsored a variety of programs in the past such as these:
- Retreats and Quiet Days
In Mark’s Gospel Jesus says to the disciples, “You must come away to some lonely place by yourselves and rest for awhile.” Retreats and Quiet Days offer the opportunity to come a way from the busy-ness of life to a “lonely place” where we may be still and know God in silence, reflection and shared conversation. A sampling of Retreats and Quiet Days we have offered include.
- “The Gardens of Holy Week” – A Quiet Day prior to Holy Week with meditations and guided reflection time walking through the sacred gardens of our creation, redemption and salvation – the Garden of Eden, the Garden of Gethsemane and the Garden of the Resurrection.
- “Rejoice! Repent!” – An Advent Quiet Day with meditations based on the Biblical characters from the Advent readings followed by periods of silent reflection and prayer.
- “Praying Creatively” – A weekend retreat for women at the Abbey Barn in New Harmony, Indiana focusing on prayer and exploring the creative spark of God dwelling within each of us and offering opportunities to pray while walking a labyrinth, listening to music, playing with clay or paint, baking bread, or walking among sculptures.
- “The Spirituality of Leadership” – A retreat for leaders of church governing boards exploring the ways the role of church leadership is a part of the spiritual journey.
- Bible Study
- “Journey to Jobs” – A Lenten Saturday gathering devoted to using the Bible as a resource for any person of faith to refresh and renew their sense of the connection between job and vocation.
- Lectio Divina – Periodic gatherings of groups to practice the ancient monastic tradition of praying the words of Holy Scripture “with the ear of our hearts” – praying more with the heart than the head.