Welcome to Confluence: A Center For Spirituality
We are glad you found us. As you view these pages we invite you to join us in our quest to know more fully the God who has created and called us into being.
Our quest is not a new one. Over 1600 years ago St. Augustine wrote, “You have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you” (Confessions 1.1.1). Augustine’s words ring just as true today as they did all those years ago. If you find these pages speaking to you, we would welcome your presence with us on the journey to find our “rest” in the One who is the Source of all Life.
We are a “roofless” community dedicated to helping people deepen and enrich their spiritual lives. Confluence joins each person’s journey by providing opportunities and resources for spiritual formation.
• “Praying the Prayers” during Lent - Thursdays, March 13, 20, & 27, 2014, 4:00 pm, Grace Church, Kirkwood
The Daily Offices of Morning Prayer, Noonday Prayer, Order for Evening Worship, Evening Prayer and Compline, along with the Prayers found in Daily Devotions for Individuals, contain some of the most beautiful and inspiring prayers in our Prayer Book. Confluence: A Center for Spirituality will offer an opportunity to encounter the depths of these prayers on three Thursday afternoons in Lent beginning March 13th at Grace Church, Kirkwood. Details and how to register here.
• Taize Worship – Sunday, March 23, 2014 – 6:00 pm
Confluence: A Center for Spirituality and Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, 1166 S. Mason Rd., sponsor a Taize worship service on the fourth Sunday of September through April (excepting December’s being on New Year’s Eve at Christ Church Cathedral). All are welcome to attend.
• Women’s Lenten Retreat: Living Into a Heart of Forgiveness – April 5, 2014 – Church of St. Michael & St. George, Clayton
Led by The Rt. Rev. Geralyn Wolf from 9:00-3:00 pm. Full information in this “Living Into a Heart of Forgiveness” brochure.
• Confluence is pleased to sponsor a 2015 Pilgrimage to Iona – May 28-June 7, 2015.
Contact the Rev. Susan Skinner at email@example.com for more information.
• Reflections and Photos from the Pilgrimage to Iona 2013
• Reflections on Women’s Fall Retreat in New Harmony