Welcome to Confluence: A Center For Spirituality
We are glad you found us. As you view these pages we invite you to join us in our quest to know more fully the God who has created and called us into being.
Our quest is not a new one. Over 1600 years ago St. Augustine wrote, “You have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you” (Confessions 1.1.1). Augustine’s words ring just as true today as they did all those years ago. If you find these pages speaking to you, we would welcome your presence with us on the journey to find our “rest” in the One who is the Source of all Life.
We are a “roofless” community dedicated to helping people deepen and enrich their spiritual lives. Confluence joins each person’s journey by providing opportunities and resources for spiritual formation.
• Fall Weekend Women’s Retreat – Sat.-Sun., October 17-18, 2015, Riverwoods Retreat Center, near Washington, Mo.
“O all ye works of the Lord, bless ye the Lord”
Using the “Benedictis, omnia opera Domini” (“A Song of Creation”) this overnight retreat will focus on celebrating creation and the interrelatedness of every living thing to one another and to God. Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy a lovely wooded site, listen to the sounds of nature at eventide, pray together in a log Chapel and enjoy delicious meals at Riverwoods Retreat Center near Washington, Missouri.
• Taize Worship – Sunday, September 27, 2015, 6:00 pm, Church of the Good Shepherd
• Reflections and Photos from the Pilgrimage to Iona 2015
Contact the Rev. Susan Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Reflections and Photos from the Pilgrimage to Iona 2013
• Reflections on Women’s Fall Retreat in New Harmony