Welcome to Confluence: A Center For Spirituality
We are glad you found us. As you view these pages we invite you to join us in our quest to know more fully the God who has created and called us into being.
Our quest is not a new one. Over 1600 years ago St. Augustine wrote, “You have made us for yourself, and our hearts are restless till they find their rest in you” (Confessions 1.1.1). Augustine’s words ring just as true today as they did all those years ago. If you find these pages speaking to you, we would welcome your presence with us on the journey to find our “rest” in the One who is the Source of all Life.
We are a “roofless” community dedicated to helping people deepen and enrich their spiritual lives. Confluence joins each person’s journey by providing opportunities and resources for spiritual formation.
• Walking in the Garden: A Riverwoods Evening Experience – Friday, May 8, 2015, 6:00-8:00 pm, Riverwoods Retreat Center, Washington, Mo.
Springtime in Missouri gardens is very special and ‘the vesper light’ as mentioned in the Evening Prayer Service in the Book of Common Prayer augments that. Please join us at Riverwoods for an evening walk in the wildflower gardens with wine, refreshments, and hors d’oeuvres. The Rev. Canon John Kilgore, owner of Riverwoods Gardens, will be curating the walk, and will give a brief meditation on this holy time of day. Only God knows what will be in bloom on this day; we will explore together, learn, and enjoy. Six to eight o’clock in the evening. Reservations required. $35 fee.
• Taize Worship – Sunday, April 26, 2015, 6:00 pm, Church of the Good Shepherd
• Confluence is pleased to sponsor a 2015 Pilgrimage to Iona – May 28-June 7, 2015.
Contact the Rev. Susan Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Reflections and Photos from the Pilgrimage to Iona 2013
• Reflections on Women’s Fall Retreat in New Harmony